Monday, March 2, 2009

Miss Confidence

As I normally do, I chose Claire's clothes this morning. Sometimes she helps but it was cold, so I told her she was wearing jeans. Amazingly, she just told me to pick whatever. She never likes to wear socks. But today, she announced she was wearing socks. I praised her for making the right choice.

Then, I looked at her feet.

I told her they did not match. She said, "who cares?" I thought about it. Who does? I asked her if her feelings would be hurt if someone made fun of her? She said, "No, I don't care."
Well, she IS full of confidence. The mold was broke with her, she is definitely unique. I even knew it as she made her entrance into the world and my heart!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

love it!!! we can all learn a lot from Clair :)

Paula Aspacher said...

I think she is a trend setter and it really does look pretty good...

Meredith said...

i love her!

Jamie said...

oops--just saw I misspelled her name :( I came back to your comments to ask you if you remember me coming to the hosp. when Claire was born? I remember thinking "she's so tiny! are all newborns like this? i don't know if i could ever take care of something this tiny!"

hilarylarson said...

Jamie - I remember thinking she was so tiny too - she did not even seem 6 lbs. I am proud she is now 32 - right there with her baby brother! ha!

adrienne said...

i love that kid. and her confidence!

and i remember thinking that she was teeny tiny too. then i had Lucy... who probably still doesn't weigh what Claire did at birth!! :)

Melanie said...

She is absolutely precious - mismatched socks and all!

Michelle said...

I love it!! She is such a little firecracker.. ya know those tiny ones always start small, but make a big impact... Look at all of our teeny ones... Claire, Aiden, Avery, David, and now Miss Lucy