Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The pot that will never leave

Paula is coming to visit tomorrow, we are so thrilled! My girls have been counting down the days. Will does not know to be happy about it...yet.

She has never liked this "oatmeal pot." I have no clue where I got it but Tiger makes oatmeal in it every morning. Last summer, Paula tried to ship me home with a new one. I told her it was kind but unnecessary. I agree, it is ugly. I pulled it out of the cabinet the other day and the top fell off.

I laughed because I knew Paula would be glad. I tried to fix it but a hot pot without a top is not fixable.

I went to Bible study and came home to this on the counter.


The oatmeal pot is unbeatable. :)

My sweet friend Colleen gave us a bunch of Legos and rescue heroes. Someone near & dear to my heart loves them!

Don't get me started on Faith heading to 2nd grade, it is unthinkable, unbeatable news! I.just.can't.handle.it.

So, I had to laugh! They played a relay game, Trashy tourist something or other. So funny to watch 7 year olds dress up in a bunch of garb and try to run!
Also, a glance at this hand-painted potted plant filled with gift cards and I wanted to teach again. Maybe....maybe not.

I'd rather keep my old oatmeal pot.

3 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

ok, i give, that pot really must have 9 lives... but which one we will never know.

adrienne said...

tiger's oatmeal pot made me LOL! i am jealous of your visit. paula, please come visit Lucy next!

adrienne said...

and that outfit of faith's is hilario!