Monday, July 6, 2009

Because it is cheaper than therapy and it is my blog

I guess I am entitled to rant on it. It should really do no harm since about 5 people really read it.

Appliances on the side of the road are becoming a habit at my house.

This should be exciting junk but I am annoyed at the new dryer. I made sure it was the same width as the old one. 29 inches. However, when Tiger installed it, it was 3 inches farther away from the wall than the washer. We could not figure it out until we noticed a random piece of metal on the back that juts (is that a word?) out on the bottom 1/2 of the dryer. Probably a safety piece but it cost me 3 INCHES in the laundry room!

Needless to say, it irritated me. It looks like we cannot open the back door, but we can. . . by a hair.

As I pondered my frustration, I was then mad at myself for being upset over a DRYER! For Pete's sake Hilary, get your priorities straight. Wars, sin and pain exist and are far more important than the dryer and 3 inches (although I still want them)!

As we backed out of the driveway, Tiger suggested hitting the dryer on the curb to help remedy my irritation. The thought had already crossed my mind & I took a little too long to answer.

By the time we arrived to watch the fireworks, my priorities were straight. Maybe . . . As I ran this morning, I decided the year of 37 could leave me convicted and therefore wiser & stronger or it may kick ME to the curb.

4 comments:

Karen K said...

I don't understand why appliances are so many different sizes...it makes it difficult, especially in an older home. Laundry room space is precious, and so is that picture of the family at the fireworks :)

Meredith said...

you should be annoyed about the dryer but that is a really cute pic of your family!!!

adrienne said...

i agree, cute pic of you 5!

p.s. is the dryer still on the side of road? maybe take a bat to it... it'll make you feel better! :)

hilarylarson said...

said dryer is gone - someone picked it up today!