Honestly, I love to read but I rarely do or choose to do. My excuse is usually that I read whatever Bible study I am doing but sometimes that is also far-fetched. A few weeks ago, the girls were in Tyler and Craig & I took Will swimming. Before we left, I walked across the street and asked Donna for a book, any book, I just needed to read. She gave me Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin. Oh my, I loved it. So, I have also read Where the River Ends, The Dead Don't Dance and I am currently reading When Crickets Cry.
Did I mention when I do read, I am obsessive? I am so it must come in spurts. I never want his stories to end & his writing is extremely moving.
I would like to just read about 15-20 minutes each night and drift off to sleep but it turns into hours with kids begging me for food and a dirty house. Not really but it could.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Obsessed,
I think I may become obsessed too and read these books. You have good taste.
From,
Loves to Read
Dear Loves to Read,
You will not be sorry for this decision.
Yours truly,
Obsessed
Dear Obsessed,
Loves to read has now gone to the dark sige and become "the queen of obsession" I went on Amazon.com and bought all of Martin's books last night. oops!
Darkly yours,
Queen of Obsession
Dear Queen,
You DID not! I bought Maggie today, sequel to the Dead don't Dance, I may have bought them all but they only had all the others I have read!
Yours truly,
2nd in obsession to the Queen
Post a Comment