Friday, September 25, 2009

Fixin' my eyes on Jesus

this week has been quite a task. Since it is a part of life, my walk and parenting, I guess I will accept it. All 3 kids are sick, flu to ear infections and Cliff, my father-in-law has been diagnosed with eye cancer. The sickness will be gone in a few weeks but we all know that cancer is a battle while we trust God with His timing, we are still called to stand still and press forward with Him.

Kinda makes the flu seem minor. Kinda makes my messy house, disheveled clothes and anxious heart seem pretty minor too.

However, God still brings forth joy in all things! My daddy had a minor heart monitoring for several days this week and he responded well to meds. The flu struck Claire in the legs but she fought back and is running a much at Regina today (have I told you how much I love those people? Thank you for teaching my child, she thinks I am a mean teacher!). Faith rocked a few tests this week and overcame a lower Math grade due to her hard work. She is sad today to be sick because she is missing the test she was going to ace - her words exactly.

And, Tiger got new used golf clubs, because he lacks hobbies :)

Clifford and Jeannie are still going to Alaska, who knew when last week was so gloomy? God brought hope through doctors at MD Anderson to a situation that seemed hopeless but we give glory to God who can heal all things! (body scan on Wed., pray all is clear)

Mere is still preggers, made it to 32 weeks, need them to keep sitting still!

And precious Will, he is learning cute frog-jumpin' rhymes at school. There are most likely way more things but I have been dodging so many fiery darts, I forgot a few!

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

4 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

He is SOOOO cute!!! that aligator had a mmm good treat!! i miss those kids!!! sick and all!

Meredith said...

you are a great nurse! i love will's rhymes!

adrienne said...

what a funny kid. "Wucy" liked Will's song.

sorry for the crazy week. sometimes i don't know how you do it all. it makes me wanna take a nap. :)

Jamie said...

Praying for you and your family--please keep us updated!