Friday, December 11, 2009

Upon a midnight clear

After a really busy day and a party last night, I plan to stay home today and get some chores completed. While making my list, I was distracted by a box of Christmas lights that have been out since Thanksgiving. There are years of lights in this box.
Maybe 10 years? I know, I should just throw it out. No, instead of labored over all 2o long strands to see how many worked. I know you are just dying to hear how many lights are twinkling. Ok, I will tell you. 4 - 4 out of 20 strands. I started looking at the green mess and I thought about myself.
Sometimes I am in a wad like these lights. I labor over silly things and lose valuable time in another area. I asked the Lord to help me. Please make my actions worthy of things that please YOU & deter me from things that help to lose focus.
Can you see Buster in the background? He knew it was crate time, but he also knows it does not last forever.
**Edited to add: I cut up a box (who says I am not green!) in order to wrap my light around it. The lights that worked were so tangled b/c they were icicle lights. As I looked closer, my lack-of-engineering hubby had cut them to use as fillers. Can you say trash? Yes, if was freeing to chunk them!

1 comment:

Paula Aspacher said...

I am so glad you are using the resources that God gave us and be "green" Ha!