Monday, March 22, 2010

Maybe I will resort to the past...

I have been reading The Wagon West Series. I am only on the second book, Nebraska. The irony of it is I can totally relate to these people. Although I am not on a wagon train, I do see the world falling away, or apart from America, or just clinging to the world.


In 1837, banks were closing and many people were without work. Pioneers set out to develop the west, near Oregon. They experience many trial and tribulations, but I notice some of their strife is just as we experience today. Some are overtaken by greed, jealousy, anger, and others become victorious through tragedy and loss. It is not a Christian novel, but you can see where many character's receive their strength. Many things were simple. I even think as a child, I often felt as though things were simple. They were not, but it was all I knew.


My next worry was when my 1st tooth would fall out. Lucky for Claire, it happened 3 days after Western Day 2010.

I often wonder what goes through the mind of my children. Do they find life simple or complex? Maybe I should know all this with my education background, but I just figured out last year that it was about time I quit acting like a child. I think I am an adult now, 3 kids and the ripe age of 37.5.




All this adult, deep talk and thought is hurting my ears and I think I may have a headache. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

claire looks like Ma here! she is just beautiful!!! when do i get to read again is that when i am 37.5?

hilarylarson said...

yep, 3.5 years after your 3rd child, i guess. so, you have awhile.

my words of wisdom: savor them young before they can TALK or TALK BACK & you become a referee.