.jpg)
.jpg)
They were young medical scientists while also studying oceanography & children around the world. Ironing was not part of their curriculum, nor is it in my daily routine. It just sits on our dining room table beckoning me to use it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
I never find the time to iron, I am too busy picking up my desk!
.jpg)
These dishes were my dear friend Kristie's grandmother's everyday dishes. They are called Independence China. I have always wanted white dishes to match everything. Kris gave me a steal of a deal!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The kids and I have been learning about proper place setting. Not that I am unaware of how to set the table, I just rarely apply it to my table. My etiquette days are linked with some other oh-my-gosh days that I have blocked out my memory as far as fine china. Some days I feel like we are lucky that I served dinner, let alone make it look full of southern charm.
.jpg)
Dinner plate, salad, soup, cup, saucer, & bread n-butter, dessert bowl. There are about a billion more little rules, but we settled for the informal place setting. I don't think the kids will need to know about fish, salad, & dessert forks anytime soon. Sometimes all of the forks are dirty! Claire is enjoying setting the table, Faith just wants to ask more questions and naturally, Will has no interest at all.
He would rather make funny faces at the camera during an impromptu art session because it is so darn HOT outside.
.jpg)
.jpg)
I never find the time to iron, I am too busy picking up my desk!
.jpg)
These dishes were my dear friend Kristie's grandmother's everyday dishes. They are called Independence China. I have always wanted white dishes to match everything. Kris gave me a steal of a deal!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The kids and I have been learning about proper place setting. Not that I am unaware of how to set the table, I just rarely apply it to my table. My etiquette days are linked with some other oh-my-gosh days that I have blocked out my memory as far as fine china. Some days I feel like we are lucky that I served dinner, let alone make it look full of southern charm.
.jpg)
Dinner plate, salad, soup, cup, saucer, & bread n-butter, dessert bowl. There are about a billion more little rules, but we settled for the informal place setting. I don't think the kids will need to know about fish, salad, & dessert forks anytime soon. Sometimes all of the forks are dirty! Claire is enjoying setting the table, Faith just wants to ask more questions and naturally, Will has no interest at all.
He would rather make funny faces at the camera during an impromptu art session because it is so darn HOT outside.
And, do not try to tell him his shirt is on backwards; he will disagree with you, no matter the time or hour.
.jpg)
7 comments:
love the dishes! I'll be glad to take those covered casserole dishes and/or that teatop off your hands.
that casserole dish is called a tureen w/lid, i will serve you soup in it. :)
whatever, i like soup. and casseroles. what's the smaller one in front? a tiny tureen?
a gravy saucer!
what happened to grandma?? i love the dishes!!! i love white dishes..
and your table setting etiquette is perferto!! i am so proud of you!!
grandma is still with us, it was her dad's mom.
Aiden dresses himself daily and everything is backward... pants, underwear, and shirt.. but he is a happy boy!
Post a Comment