Thursday, July 26, 2007

Our Thursdays



Normally, Thursdays are great. All the kids go to MDO from 9:30 - 1:00 & I run errands or work on the computer (really - I do work on the books!). However, this has been a day. Poor Will woke up sick at 4:00 a.m. & Claire got up at 6:00 b/c she could not go back to sleep b/c she saw a skunk in her room (?). Faith got up at her normal time, 6:45 a.m. & made herself a waffle & watched Curious George while I held a crying, feverish baby. Craig? He was at the store b/c we ran out of wet wipes, which is a necessity. I held Will all morning & he finally took a nap about 11:30. Needless to say, it was a wacky day. The girls played Polly Pockets, Barbies, baby dolls & we played 2 games. At lunchtime, Craig brought us hamburgers & the girls were estatic. Faith wondered if it was ok b/c she did not have 20 stickers on her chart yet. I assured her that Daddy had prior approval. After lunch, Will woke up & he was sooo happy to eat but his fever set in again & he was fussy all afternoon. The girls had gymnastics so I took them & Craig stayed w/Will, normally I bring him b/c Craig has to work but he cancelled outreach due to major rain. I was so glad for his help! Gymnastics was from 5:30 -6:30 & then we went to Taco Bell (Yes my kids ate out 2x in a day, quite a record - Faith found this very exciting, she said it was her fave day of the summer??? what?!?!?!?) I told her I was so pleased that I had made her happy. She said the next best day would be our visit to the dentist next week & then our trip to Hot Springs. (think the 2 will compare?) The pics are of the girls are after Gymnastics & Will in his high chair (this pic is from last week but I thought I would post it b/c this is how he feels when I come home)...aren't I loved? All in all, it was still a great day :>)

6 comments:

adrienne said...

nate's comments after reading: "hilary's blog makes me not want to have kids." i think he likes our simple life. and not having having to share the Wii.

adrienne said...

also, he doesn't want to wake up at 4:00 a.m. with will.

adrienne said...

did that sound rude? please know that sweet nate meant nothing by it.

hilarylarson said...

i'm sorry - does my blog really *feel* that way? it is just a different time for us right now, it is not always like this, it is fun to have kids, they are so delightful..btw, bring the Wii to Hot Springs, the kids will be asleep or they can hangout w/meme & papa...

i feel the need to BOX!

heathercaroline said...

Will's cute...he needs to come to AR..and big his sistas!

Jamie said...

I think one of the biggest surprises of parenthood for me is how little sleep I actually need! I thought it was way more than it actually is!