Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer randomness

I feel like summer has officially started, now that we are back from our trip! However, I feel like it is 1/2 over since it is July 18th.


Faith is enjoying VBS this week at Westgate Baptist.


We start swimming lessons next week.


I worked all day Monday trying to find a financial mistake in the ministry books. I found it. No, it was not in our favor and it was a big mess. God is good though, at least he opened my peon brain & eyes to find it. It just took 6 hours! Wonder if the accountant would have charged vs. the unpaid momof3? (Not complaining. . . :)


Claire and I have been having control issues, I know all of you are shocked. I won. Finally. Yesterday, around 5:30 p.m. We are having a swell day as I type. Parenting in the Spirit is refreshing, sin-free and joyous. I hope I can stick to that each moment of each day.


I started a new bible study, going solo, which I really need. It is called No other Gods, by K. Minter. You can read about here, if you care.


Craig is working furiously on summer outreaches. He just called. Diesel is $4.62 a gallon, it cost $170 to fill up the bus. Nice, my chest continues to tighten. I doubt his does, either one is up and the other is down. God is so good to allow us to encourage one another. I guess this is his week, not mine.


I am still planning a trip to visit Paula, maybe late July, maybe August, maybe September. As you can tell, I.do. not. know. when. but. I. need. to. go!


Tomorrow at this time, I will be holding Baby Zach, who has been home for 2 weeks and is growing like a weed, pics to come soon.


Oh yes, and I am having a heart procedure July 15th, just simple, to stop svt. It is called ablation, some hot shot doctor in Houston is doing it. He does them all day long, hope he shocks the right currents. My fam is coming to visit while Craig & I hang out in Hstn for a couple of days. It will be our 10 year anniversary, I wanted diamonds but instead, I need heart repair! Ha!


This is one of my Estes Park purchases. I am going to put it on the kitchen table and change out the decor, that I have yet to buy. When I saw it in the store, it had ceramic apples on it. I loved them but they were $9.95 each, I repeat...$9.95 each, they like them just like Estes likes gas and groceries.
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. The kids love them, we will not guess which child favors which bird. I need all 3. Neat lesson for the fam and another fantastic find.


I have others things I could continue to share, but I will keep them to myself for the moment. After this random post, I bet you are all glad!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

i love the stand and the birds...i am doing LPL study too.. good stuff ( i read ahead while abby swam)

adrienne said...

i love the stand too. it would look super cute in my new kitchen!?

i can't wait to hear the other things you have to share... :)

Michelle said...

I love how you casually mention "a heart procedure". In between the price of gas and your stand for the kitchen!

Melanie said...

Sounds like you could use a mental health day as much as I could. Thinking of you and praying for you......