Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Because I like to sleep like a sardine

My children were sleeping peacefully in my bed this morning. As a matter of fact, all 4 of us were. I cropped my hunk-of-burning-love out in order to keep my marriage intact. The space between the girls was mine and do I mean space.

With the annoying vertigo I have, I feel like I am on a lousy cruise ship (not that I have ever been) or sleeping in a washing machine. Once, I glanced at the clock and it was 2 so I just stayed put, knowing I only had 3 more hours of sleep was not worth the fight.

Normally, children in my bed make me very cranky. But, I am struggling with dealing with this issue b/c the issue is Faith, my great sleeper. She is scared and not just a little scared, but gripped with fear. At school, she heard about the recent home invasions in our area. I was going to talk to her & Claire anyway b/c it is a good reminder to never answer the door, talking to strangers, etc.

We have tried to link our daily devotion and bible story time to fear, prayed with her, bought a fancy night-light, talked about our alarm, etc. . . but she is still very upset. So, for today, I just let her sleep. At least they sat in their own bed until the wee hours of the a.m. I would prefer 5 not 2. :)

I hate that our children have to fear the world, it is such a burden on my heart. However, I know that it can be a real lesson to teach her to rely on God as her source of faith not fear. I plan to do an art activity with the girls today making a cross poster with scriptures.

Claire loves to sleep with us and we are always working with her, I am sure she has a root of fear in her issue too. But, I also think she just wants her mommy. And, I thought all my years of Babywise training would solve sleep issues forever (it did help, no babies just kids in my bed!). Silly mother. . .

Please pray for my girls. My worn out body thanks you!

Psalm 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and a sound mind.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

if abby was there she would be in bed with you too :) poor faithe. she so sweet and sensitive.

adrienne said...

bless her heart. and yours too. hope the vertigo is better today!