Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pruning

The definition of pruning (dictionary.com) is to cut off or remove dead or living parts or branches of (a plant, for example) to improve shape or growth. My trees were trimmed last week. The back yard looked like Ike & Rita hit all at once. I knew they need trimmed but the word pruned was more like it. I love our trees and all the shade. However, I do not like them on my house with water pouring into bedrooms. (maybe the bathrooms could get a hit, they need to be re-done!) I have had 2 roofs in 3 years so it is time to remove trees & limbs.

We had one tree cut down. It is not OUR tree nor is it in OUR yard but I do not need to say anymore.

As I watched the process taking place (and our $ flying out the window), I was reminded of
John 15 in which Jesus describes His pruning process. I remembered I did not like it either. However, I am continually being pruned and I would not change the work He is doing in me for anything. Nor would I change the fact that my trees will grow back more beautiful, faster and healthier than ever! Maybe, I am kinda "green?"
I leave you with this pic of Will, he was fascinated by the process.

1 comment:

adrienne said...

i am in love with that pic of Will. so cute!