Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And I will do a new thing

Thanks to Ike, we have had a few "new" things going on around here. Roof, floors, puppies, doors, beds, etc. (Buster was born during the hurricane, most likely from the rash of dog evacuating or fear!) Anyway, I never really "do" resolutions but I do like to make changes, mostly in decorating or new shutters. That is always fun.


However, I need the change in me. I do not really dislike change, I have learned to adjust to it, especially with Craig in the ministry. But, my head does not always agree with my heart.

I constantly find myself in the struggle of managing everything and it is very frustrating. In fact, I have renamed myself - Hilary Elise Frustration Pearson Larson. With a name like that, anyone would be stressed.

Since I was pregnant with Will (not trying to blame the 3rd child), frustration seeps out of me each day. I know the only way to control it is to let things go, see the big picture and ask God for empowerment. My head knows and so does my heart. I earnestly desire it. I want my children to see me imitate Christ more than anything. But, I fail at it constantly.


I am not making excuses, I just see my weakness. So, I am truly going to strive to access God's power (that is in me, the same power that rose Jesus from the grave) to serve God and meet Craig & my family's daily needs. (and the ministry, church, etc.!) In my obedience, I saw God meet me each moment of my day on Thursday. Friday? it was a little different!


In Mwise this semester, we are studying Charles Stanley's Leaving a Godly Legacy. The first week reminded us to imitate Christ for our children and this week teaches on using our words so they know they are accepted by us and feel a great sense of belonging. These are things I know but applying them are not always as easy.


Just typing this post, I gave Claire some cold meds, she spilled it all over the floor and on herself. I do not care about the floor but it still frustrated me. I stopped and thought about why?

B/c I am tired of cleaning up spills?
Tired of snotty noses?
Tired of reminding her not to spit it out? I wouldn't want to take it either!

None of it matters except what was my reaction? Did I react or did I just act accordingly? Kind and reassuring or frustrated and annoyed?

What matters is now I must go b/c Claire & I are reading books to Freddy the Frog, the class animal or amphibian, or whatever he is.

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isa 43:19

Speaking of new things, if you have not read Kelly's posts about the miracles in the life of her not-even-day-old-baby, you need to catch up. God is sooo good and faithful! :)

New bunks



New bedding for Claire. Faith's is exactly the same but still on order.
Buster's new cut and how about those new vet bills?! He got shots and a trim, they kept him all day, I wondered if he could go 3x a week? No, I did not drug him in this pic, he is asleep...at the foot of my computer. Whose dog is this anyway?

5 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

OK, love the bed, love the new bedding and love the cute little puppy and glad he lives at your house and not mine. My 2 are staring at me waiting for a treat. they have been waiting for over an hour. can you teach a dog patience? I also love what you wrote. makes me think and I know that we honor God in our actions and words. how we react to our kids teaches so much to them. it also makes them comfortable to come to us when they have really messed up and need us. they feel safe with us and not threatened. you are a good mama. your plate is full... God will meet you at that full plate.

adrienne said...

love the bed. and the bedding too, it turned out cute even though it was from your favorite place Wal-Mart (which adds to your frustration?). is that a new rug too? i heart it.

hilarylarson said...

a new rug...from wal-mart! (ouch!)

hilarylarson said...

P: i like the full plate comment, thanks for the encouragement. :)

Michelle said...

And so with you post, have you been in my own head or what??? Why do we get frustrated about the little things when one day, around the corner, we won't be having medicine spillage, but worrying about teenage drivers and then an empty nest. I'm like you Hilary, can't always stay in the moment as my head makes a run for the "next" thing... patience is truly a virture I'm hoping to learn this year... and I love the dog.. he looks slightly something in the pic... drunk on love maybe?