I detest Wal-Mart but I ventured there today because I enjoyed the Wal-Mart in Jasper over New Year's. (We had an exciting one I am sure you can tell. My husband thinks New Year's is about fireworks, food & fishing! But, I enjoy it as well.)
Beaumont's Wal-Mart is dirty but I decided to get groceries and 2 baby gates, for the puppy.
I got great deals on the groceries and had coupons but the checker forget to scan them and told me she could not now use them. As I was leaving, I realized she never gave me my cash but my receipt recorded I received it. I went back and she looked at me like I was a nut. I had to wait with a 2 year old screaming "Lightning McQueen!!! " while a lady bought tacky humongous Christmas balls 1/2 off until the checker could open the cash drawer.
Finally, she did and she was not happy. I told myself I was never going back, not to mention I fought Dowlen traffic after that.
I get home, put up my baby gates and one broke immediately. Then,as I was unloading groceries, I noticed the lunch meat had mold on it but was dated late January! Yuck! So, now I had to go back. I fixed dinner, the kids went to my in-laws (Alleluia!) and I decided to head back to the junk place.
But, lo & behold, Craig offered to deal with the slimy meat & the baby gate. So, I went and got a pedicure. Wonderful hubby. End of story. Aren't you so thrilled I blogged?
On a sweeter note, my friend Michelle had her baby, you can read about her little darling who came a bit early here. We are thankful for a healthy baby but please keep them in your prayers during their adjustments.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
walmart = drama, i have been there 4 times this wk. yuck
that was nice of Craig. i am glad our walmart isn't yucky, since we have no other choice to go there. oh, how i long for that fancy heb of yours. and a target would be nice.
walmart is the devil...i am glad we are all in agreement! :)I will join A in wishing you a target for the new year!
a & c: oh, i have target and i love it! just got back from there = no drama at all!
I avoid that place at all costs. I'm shuddering even now just reading this.
And I hope you metnioned something to the lady about the tacky Christmas balls.
whew, i will be able to rest easy tonight knowing that you have a target!!!
Post a Comment