Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Maybe I truly have country roots

I could possibly truly be related to the Clampetts especially since I have had an oven sitting on the curb for a week. Or maybe it is because I hit the side of the oven today and dragged it a few feet. I refuse to remember all of my husband's reaction but I recall something about "you need to be driving a dad-gum tank !" He does not yell often so I just acted real sweet and innocent because I am sure that oven rolled itself over and moved a few feet closer to my side of the driveway.

As I drove to the carpool line, I did not notice anyone else dragging an oven or one in their front yard for that matter. They must not presently feel the PTA/UIL/concession stand duty stress I am under this week or maybe the city already picked the others up? I have a feeling Tiger won't wait on the city much longer. I almost took his truck because I was about out of gas. OH MY, thank you Jesus for the little things. I'd rather dent my tank anyday.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my,
I once hit a parked trailer in my husband's car, about 6 weeks after we were married... I moved the trailer 6 feet with his car... needless to say, he's never let me forget it!

hilarylarson said...

6 feet & a trailer? I feel much better!

adrienne said...

that is hilarious! i think it's time to dispose of said oven.

Meredith said...

this. made. me laugh.

hilarylarson said...

wonder if we could SELL tickets...to pay for dents in my tank!

Shan31772 said...

You are hilarious.

hollym said...

I guess the Ebay option for vintage appliances is out....