Tomorrow is Girlfriend lunch at my house. I do not know if the bread will make it until 11:30. It is so yummy and a quick recipe from Pioneer Woman's book that I had never seen it before. I found out that it is profitable to actually sit down & read the recipe books.
However, it may lead to sin. Sin that involves REAL cheese & olives. It may also lead to late night organization or procrastination. Either one can be devastating. I do not think it is as exciting as watching 3 seasons in 14 days of Friday Night Lights.
Back to lunch, I am also making 3 Cheese (liking cheese lately) Tortellini salad. Also easy, here is the recipe.
Pkg of Tri color cheese tortellini, cooked
chopped purple onion
cooked cubed chicken (I use 3-4 breasts)
1 can artichoke hearts
frozen green peas
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Newman's Own Ceasar Salad dressing (not creamy)
Prepare tortellini as directed. Sometimes it is hard to find the tri color tort, no big deal, it is just for color. Mix w/onion, ckn, peas & artichokes. (I left out the peas this time, just because. Ok, not really, I forgot them. ) If you are ready to serve, mix in tomatoes and coat w/dressing. If you are not ready to serve, wait to add dressing and tomatoes.
It is divine and reminds me of summer, or at least Spring, just not 37 degrees & rain.
I had big plans for an italian creme cake, no thanks to HEB, but my friend Betty Crocker shared her brownies.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i am impressed. i should have mailed your oatmeal cookies for girlfriend lunch... or maybe come myself!!
yes, u should have come! susan brought tytus. did i tell you amy is pregnant? i just talked about the fact that i need my hair done since i can see gray. lol...
i like cheese. and girlfriends. i'm coming if mere's coming!
What fun!! Hope it was delightful!
I love PW, but I'm afraid I'll sin if I get her cookbook! There's probably not much in there I could have, right?
Hope your lunch was great! ;)
Carrie - I doubt PW is gluten free, but she should be huh? Loved getting visit w/u last week! :)
well, well, well, hilary is a chef!!! i am SOOOO impressed! just a few years ago you would have been a wreck over having girlfriends for lunch!!! i am so proud of you!!! an you CAN'T have gray hair you are way too young... they say i have some but i can't see it.. ha! that's b/c i can't see!!!
no, i am not a wreck b/c i do not have to impress them, they are like you, they already know me. they know i am a wreck! ha!
Post a Comment