Monday, June 14, 2010

Stuffed!

I just thought May was long. We have had school, award programs, recital, parties, berry picking, family reunion, swim lessons, tennis, vbs and many outreaches in the month of June. I just checked the calendar, and we still have many more days in store!

Notice the lovely reminder on my shoulder, Old Navy Stuff & Save! I do not think this has been a saving month, but it is definitely a stuffed one! We snapped this quick pic at Faith's award 2nd grade awards day. We were so proud of her , but most proud of her "Most Cheerful Student" Award. She must get that from her grandmothers? My sweet girls at Awana's Awards Night, don't they look like they simply adore one another 24/7? I am afraid that seems impossible, but with God all things are possible. I am trusting Him with that.

This week, Will survived swim lessons. He is quite the fish.

The girls have been at Westgate's VBS, which they have thoroughly enjoyed. Claire is also taking Tennis lessons at the Brook each morning at 7:00 a.m. I know, I am a nut to haul 3 kids out of the house at 6:50 a.m. but did I mention they were free? And she is showing interest, you run with that if you are the mother of Claire Elsie.


She is also the ultra talented fruit salad maker, and can sport the cutest haircut ever. I told her she must turn off the tv today. This was her response, " I like the tv and this house is boring. I am not a lego or reading type kid. So, I am bored."

After sending her away for a little heart straightening moment, I refrained from agreeing that reading "The Tot Lot" or Pat's Cat" was pretty boring. She finally decided stamping was an enjoyable activity. When I mentioned we could stamp in our Summer Journal, she rolled her eyes and said, "Is everything about a lesson?" If you only knew sister, if you only knew.

Will has found a new hobby, Lego's. Not the ones we own, the ones I now must purchase. He thinks he is as big as his cousin Luke, so he is challenging himself with the Seaplane. Dinner was late tonight due to the seaplane, I will let you guess who put that sucker together.

Faith has been busy all day designing fashion. Maybe she is the next Friday Fashion blogger?

I have spent sweet time with my girl each morning because Will has decided to score the tennis freebie too. Faith and I enjoy quiet time in the car or walk on the track at WB. I will spare you the lack of nostalgia I felt one time this week when I had to take her into the Big WB to go to the bathroom. The red & blue paw prints and cafeteria smell nearly killed me. I breathed deep and thanked the good Lord that I am no longer 16. I will take my thirties any day.


We have been doing a devotion out of a book called 30 Devos for Kids who Love Soccer. Today's devotion was about controlling your anger. The Lord has been dealing with the mother and children in this house about their mouths. Everyday we discuss the scripture, out of the mouth the heart speaks. (Luke 6:45)




Faith was amazed at the translation of this another verse in her Good News Bible. Prov 14:29 If you stay calm, you are wise, but if you have a hot temper, you only show how stupid you are. Ouch! Those words made an impact. I like the NLT translation: those who control their anger have great understanding; those with a hasty temper will make mistakes. Our prayer is to have clean hearts and therefore clean minds, which will lead to kind words about how wonderful it is to have darling, precious siblings & help your mother with various chores. I bet Jesus can even make "Pat's Cat" seem like an enjoyable read once your heart is clean.