Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 is better than 1

My mother- in- law had grand visions of a beautiful Christmas tree at the lake. She imagined us trolloping through the woods as a giant family, all grand kids in tow, to choose a tree.

However, it really turned out more along the lines of Pa cutting down the tree he chose, sans kids. No worries, it is an East Texas tree, the Clampetts still live.

The Clampetts also have handy, young men who can tie 2 trees together to become one. Two is better than one anyway. :)
The 2 trees or the big kids' enthusiasm scared Larson.

He was lucky to go to bed before the Christmas pageant. I had a few thoughts of the Herdmans, but there was no foul language, just lots of giggles. They traded roles over and over. I think the fact that the tv is ON adds flair as well!

Here are some more pics of the kids exchanging roles. I doubt the real Darth Vadar is this handsome.

Like father, like son. I guess we need a Skywalker costume.
The week before the Christmas break was Open House at dance, I adore watching my pretty girls! It is amazing to me that they are 7 and 9! Where does the time go? Don't answer that.
My sweet, sweet babies. I pray you will learn to walk in the way of the Lord, in His laws. Dear Lord, we wait for You; Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. Isa 26:8
As we bend and grow, mold us more like You. Make our hearts teachable so that we may glorify Your name through our small, small world. I thank you for my family. I pray my children will learn to encourage one another in the Word as they walk with Our Faithful Redeemer. It is a blessing to have one another, let us never take a day of it for granted. 2 is better than 1.

2 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

Wow, I think you all have passed up the Clampetts!! that tree is really a piney woods tree! I see Larson and he is darling! He is a big boy that is for sure! The kids look like the enjoy each other and that's so fun to have cousins that are so close. the girls are so beautiful in their dance outfit! so graceful! faith is a long drink of water! she has come a long way since her first recital! she was so cute that day! and darth vader?? those boys are something else!

Meredith said...

i love the tree, reminds me of the Peanuts! You sure can tell those kids are cousins, they are beautiful. Remember we use to play Star Wars too!