Sunday, July 29, 2007

Angiogram or Arteriogram Anyone?

What a subject...the heart. I decided to blog on the subject because, in one week, my mother & MIL have decided to have said procedure. Mom was told she may have a blockage & less than a week later had an angiogram, which is an x-ray to study the body's blood vessels. This test can study many different vessels in the body but both of their tests are heart related. Jeannie (my MIL) was told she may also have a slight blockage but she is having an arteriogram, which studies the arteries of the body.

After it was over, my mom was glad she had the procedure, she was very pleased to find she had no blockage. I hope my MIL gets the same news. She was in the hospital 2 days last week sitting around waiting for the dr.'s to figure out if anything was wrong with her. (She was not happy about it, she claims the money spent there ruined her plan to buy a golf cart for the beach house - we all agreed but want her to be around to ride in it!)

In my research, I found that heart attacks in women are as common in men but the symptoms are much more subtle with women. Women may have chest pain, light headedness (is that a real word?), high blood pressure & dizziness but may have very light indications or no symptoms at all.

A cure? You guessed it...healthy diet & exercise....I do think we definitely need to trust God but our bodies are His temple & He wants us to be around to glorify Him.

Just in case you are dying to know why I am awake, earlier, I had a revelation. I miraculously remembered where I left my bracelets I "lost" last w/end on our trip. After much thought & scouring all week, all of sudden I knew right where to look - Will's diaper bag! One sign of my mama craziness (or just pure hilary nut) is my lack of brain cells.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

once a teacher, always a teacher. i must say i learned a lot in this post about whatevergrams. but i already knew you were nuts, that was not news to me. :)

hilarylarson said...

there is also a venogram - study of veins, i know you are sorry to miss out on that...