Saturday, July 14, 2007
Grocery Shopping & Saturday
Why did i attempt it? I usually don't but Craig was at a PromiseKeepers Conference so I tried to be a good wife & have everything in order! ha!!!! We went after Will's afternoon nap to HEB (Here everythings better...ha ha too). It was so crowded but I knew I was a big girl & we always go to the store, mom with 3, no big deal. It was a big deal, people were driving grocery carts so fast I worried about the kids' toes. The were out of Will's formula, the biggest store from here to Houston & they had no Nestle Good Start, must have been a run on it. I kept shopping as the girls ran up & down the baby aisle while I chose apples & squash or hawaiian delight? No #4 pampers diapers, found 1 pack but they were the big pack. As I went on, we got to the milk aisle & they only date on the HEB milk was July 14th, is that today? Yes! i thought I do not want to get angry (I am working on this) so we left, left the basket, groceries & left, with 3 kids in tow, no basket, just walking. We put the frozen stuff back but left the baby food & toilet paper in the basket. Faith was mortified. She said, "you mean we are going to buckle up again & go to another store?" I said, "Yes, Kroger." She said "Ok, can we buy a cake?" I thought , a cake? What? Whatever, ok..."Yes, you can choose a cake." Claire was excited b/c they have little kid grocery carts. I figured why go to 2 stores, I had to go to Kroger, they had formula. Lesson learned, Go to HEB early in the morning on a weekday...or at midnight when all our asleep.....kudos to myself for not going "south...."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you mean you don't go to 6 different stores to buy the stuff on sale? what about the gas game do you play that? so glad claire got a cake, sweet thing she is...
That's funny! I'm very impressed by your mom skills!
next time you are in such a predicament, i'd say go for the hawaiian delight... apples and squash? that just sounds disgusting.
mere: where is your blog? i want to read about you...
a: you must eat veggies, don't you think squash would have tasted better w/apples when we were kids?
Post a Comment