This is a new tradition at our house, the Advent wreath. Sunday was the 1st day we celebrated Advent. The symbolism this week was hope and our devotion concentrated on Jesus being the light of the world. The girls enjoyed this special time and I shared stories of celebrating this custom as a child, one of my fave memories growing up. I had intentions over T-giving to get greenery at my sister-in-law's house in Tyler but we forgot. So , I stole mine from Kroger. Seriously...I picked up scraps off the ground after I grocery shopped last week. So, they would have swept it up anyway. Like I said, building traditions and memories. Special thanks to sis Kelli for the idea, I am excited to share it.
1 comment:
I love that "new" Christmas tradition of stealing the makings for the Advent wreath. Why didn't I think of that? It would be so neat if the whole family could bring your overnight stuff in a Pigley Wiigly bag down to the jailhouse until Daddy can bail you out the next day. That would be a fun field trip and learning experience for the kids!
Post a Comment