Friday, June 6, 2008

Going Green

Beaumont has started a pilot program to recycle again. Faith is really excited about it because the schools have been pushing it as well as studying it. I think she played a factor in our family cooperation.We chose a laundry basket to dump our recyclables in and then we take it few times a week to Market Basket, the designated area at this point. We are the only city, of our size, in Texas that does not have a program. One nice perk to it is you can put all items in one container, no separating.
Just to set things straight, I am not so green that I am resorting to cloth diapers. :)

Off to bed, traveling to wichita, ks in the a.m.

2 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

You are great. I will start recycling again soon. we haven't done it since we moved to beaumont and I need to get in the habit. we have to sort. I want to use garbage cans in my garage. just got to find the room and realize i will be the only one to do this and not get mad.

Erika said...

so excited to hear this!