Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why I came to see Paula

Well, one reason is obvious, I like my friend, aka the In Good Taste Blogger.

Franklin Tennessee is delightful, we had lunch at Merridee's Breadbasket, very scrumptious. We drove around looking at houses that cost 10x as much as mine. I enjoyed it because I am seeing how the other 1/2 lives , no really, I also am interested in the history of the city since I have been reading North and South. I will be into the next one in the trilogy by the time I am back to Texas.

So, that sums it up, my trip is educational as well.

Another main reason I came is to shop, of course. I have a closet full of clothes but nothing to wear, you get my drift? Plus, what kind of momof3 would I be if I did not bring the kids a prize? Speaking of the kids, I think they are enjoying the beach now that Dolly has blown away. The cousins are keeping them busy. Will is on a sleeping hiatus, he does that when he is not in his own bed. I can't fix it, wish I could.

Maybe by tomorrow they will miss me. I doubt it, Claire would not even speak to me today. Faith chatted with me but we did not give Will the chance or they may have been wails of "MOMMY!" or maybe not.

Civil war and shopping . . .what more could a southern girl ask for? I love Paula's puppy chow, I have eaten 17 cups so I must quit blogging and eating, another reason for my visit.

5 comments:

adrienne said...

please tell paula that i LOVE puppy chow. will it ship well?

glad you are having fun. and blogging!

please keep me updated on any famous people sightings. maybe you will see sunday i-can't-believe-my-parents- named-me-this kidman urban.

hilarylarson said...

i did drive by alan jackson's house today and i have to mention, it was very glorious. it was so big, i thought the barn was the house. i had to sing "here in the real world" to myself.

Shan31772 said...

"Here in the real world..." Really? That takes me back:) Glad you are having a great time! Now I'm sad knowing you are a mere 4 1/2 hours away from me right now :(

Melanie said...

Can you spell J-E-A-L-O-U-S???? Hope you have a great time!!!

hilarylarson said...

shan: 4 hours away? i cannot believe it, i seriously need to look at a map!

melanie: can you spell engagement in p-a-r-i-s???? :)