We made it home this afternoon, despite a long lunch at Cracker Barrel in Texarkana. Everyone and their grandmother (no, really, they took their grandmother) was there to take a break from shopping.
To pass the time, I chased 3 kids, played checkers & bought ornaments 40% off. I stared at Adrienne's tree all week and I know she would have approved of my choices. If I was a really nice sister, I would share them with her & Mere. I have a Cracker Barrel here, I could get some more. . . or not. :)
Since we do not buy gifts anymore for one another, maybe we could buy an ornament for each other and mom? Geez, that is a darn good family tradition? What do you think? You 2 (and maybe 2.5 others) are the only ones who read this blog anyway.
Sorry, I ventured off in a fam discussion. I cannot tell time. We got home about 4:30 p.m. We began unpacking, starting laundry, putting up suitcases, cleaning 974 cheez-its out of the car, throwing away sucker sticks, etc. By 5:20, I put Will in the bath, fed him applesauce and cereal and he was ready for bed.
It was 5:38 p.m. I thought it was 6:38 p.m. and I could put him down by 7:00 after a little lovin' and story time. I was so disappointed that I messed up the time! So, we played cars and I kept scurrying around like a mad woman with no watch. He made it until 6:50, he was beat. He was so good in the car but he does not nap much, 25 minutes tops. Did I mention we left this morning at 5:20 a.m.? Yes, we are world traveling . . .fools!
You ask how I could put such a darlin' to bed early?
Easy . . .After I hauled a bag of animal crackers 727 miles, he dumped them on the floor and jumped in them!.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
CUTIES!!! :)
After a LONG road trip, I don't think there is a way to tell time anymore... at least you were AHEAD of the game and not behind.... always better to pull a Mary Poppins than have to figure out how to catch up.. besides, Will can't tell time anyway so who's he to know when he should go to bed... At least he will go early... Aiden wants to stay up till wee hours .. ridiculous... I asked him today.. so.. is this your little bed you just nap in and not sleep in.. he said.. Yes.. need I say more!
Michelle: maybe when he sees the baby in the bed asleep ALL THE TIME then maybe he will sleep too?! Doesn't hurt to wish and pray, huh?
You are right Hil, they are so adorable. All of them, I know you are a very proud mom (and rightly so).
As we pulled into the driveway Saturday night David said, "Home. Night, night". That was all of the convincing I needed. It was straight to pj's, paci in mouth, and lights out!
Post a Comment