That pretty much sums up my day. After church & Sonic, it was nap time. I think I fell asleep at 1:30 and woke up close to 5. I felt like I got run over by a mack truck or had a hangover. Too much rest?
To top it off, the girls and I baked cookies in an oven that takes a super 100 watt bulb to bake? Want some, we even drizzled them with icing? Then, we made real cookies (minus the fancy EZ bake) and I decided I am not a fan of the walnut.
Speaking of ovens, I am on the search for a new one. The one I have is about circa 1966, original to the house. The people who built this house now own Jason's Deli, it is just a little deli if you have ever heard of it. I guess since they made their first hoagies in it, the oven just kept on ticking. Needless to say, it is hot and annoying. I guess we are the lucky ones to replace it. However, the replacement is a problem.
There is about an inch on each side of it to replace, the 24 inch models are too small and the 27 inch models almost too big. Plus, I lose a drawer and don't get me started on matching the avocado/glazed/gray antiqued 24x cabinets. It makes me want to scream and causes discontentment and rage, not that I would cave to those attributes. Maybe this is why it is still here 43 years later.
Tri-supply and I are become the best of friends, they are mighty helpful. They ought to be, thanks to a new door and an oven in a week.
BTW, I had a huge day of shopping yesterday with ensued drama. Thankfully, Susan rescued the day. I will save it for another post. It takes too much energy. :)
.jpg)
4 comments:
My mother has virtually that same oven-except hers is pink! It is very unfortunate but it still works! Glad you are getting new stuff, I love new appliances:)
You could probably put that oven on ebay and make some cash from a serious Jason's Deli fan. Or maybe Deli Mgmt. will buy it and stick it in the Gateway store. You need to capitalize on this little treasure ;)
i would start going with black for your cabinets. does this sound weird. i am sure you will tell me if it does.
Sounds like a great day!!! I love Sunday afternoon naps....
Post a Comment