For years I (and a few others) have made fun of my dear friend Susan (who needs to really update her blog) for her taste in hair products.
To veer a bit off course, let me tell you about Susan. My first memory of her is that she used to hang out with my sister, Adrienne, who is 5 years younger. How odd is it now that we are friends? Anyway, one time they were at our house and mom had me bring them to Susan's house around the corner. I remember not speaking to them since I was of the ripe old age of 16 and they were 11. I remember turning in the back seat and they were staring at me, I said, "get out."
Lovely moment to be kind to your sister, I was not in a ministering mood I guess. Actually, I had no idea how to minister to them with my words. I do not know why my sister or Susan talk to me today.
Anyway, S. is a hair stylist with exquisite taste in hair products, like most do. But, they are higher than a cat's back to buy so I always just stick to Suave or maybe Tre Semme if it is on sale. This makes S. cringe.
However, before Ike, we had been discussing hair. After Ike, I got a haircut and talked with S. about products. She told me what to get. And, now my hair is fab. I am off cheap-o-products. Plus, while playing the refugee card in Arkansas, my sister's friend Amy hooked me up with Matrix curl shampoo & conditioner. Love it.
So, those of you with curly hair who do not straighten it, listen up all 1.5 of you, this is free advice.
First, I use this gel while my hair is wet, either dry naturally or use diffuser, depends on how I am that day.
Then, I spray it with Catwalk, I borrowed my sister-in-law's once, I liked it. You use the diffuser until it is not heavy on your hair, excuse my non-stylist words.
Lastly, repeat with Sebastian spray, it holds all day. And the best part, you can just style & go in the a.m. without washing it every.single.day.
In this re-budgeting time, I do have a hair envelope. It is necessity. I don't feel bad about it either. If you stay at my house and have to shower, use my bathroom for good hair products. The kids still have Herbal Essences, Tre Semme or Suave, their husbands can pay for their good hair.
8 comments:
amen, sis. i have a big and sexy budget. and btw, that is a brand of hair stuff. although lately i am big. and i hope at least 1 person thinks i am sexy.
also, our friend amy says that if you must use wal-mart products, Tresemme is ok. but suave? not so much. she says people who get their hair colored and then use suave are completely wasting their money and her time on color b/c it will ruin it. same goes for pantene. something about wax it in or something.
and you were mean to me when i was little, but i forgive you.
and yes, our friend susan needs to update her blog.
wow. i wish i had a picture of the hair to go with this blog. i am impressed with all you do in the morning with the hair. does she have any tips for heavy straight hair.
dearest susan, can i have access to your blog???
I love this! You crack me up! I'm going to rush out on the next paycheck (or start my own envelope) and make this "big purchase"! I need all the help I can get;)
thank you for all of the compliments!! I feel like I am a stylist to the stars due to your blog!!
i am proud of you!
i think you need to post a pic and let us decide how fab your hair is. :)
Post a Comment