1. Dust before you start moving furniture, your allergies will thank you.
2. Stop and mop 6 times.
3. Don't plan anything else, you will not have time for it.
4. Order out for dinner.
5. Rearrange and decorate in the daytime so that you do not wake up your husband or set off the burglar alarm.
6. Use items you already have, unless you dream up new items.
7. Ask your kids for their opinion, they always agree with you. (Especially if you brought your Kdg-er home early that day after computer lab b/c she made a 105 on her spelling test, and you could care less about Chinese New Year.)
8. Move it all around, be creative, and have fun IF you have a ton of money.
9. Do not visit Hobby Lobby, Ross, Marshall's or Tuesday Morning.
10. Re-read # 9. Just leave it all alone; it looked fine in the beginning.
This is the final placement of furniture, at this moment. The green "thang" and the secretary are back to their post-Rita spots. I still desire window mistreatments, and something on the wall over the secretary & french door. I will shop for a new ceiling fan soon and think about new wall color when my husband is just dying to paint! In the pics, the walls seem to need more color, but in real-life, it is warmer.***
This wall of crosses is a work in progress. I bought several on sale at Hobby Lobby this week, but one cannot buy crosses instead of groceries, on sale or not. And yes, I know some of them are crooked, but it adds character (or reminds you that is what happens when you beat a wall with the hammer 29 times.)
.jpg)
I am pleased with the rocker in Will's room. I am sending the antique, mahogany one that was in there to the lake.
Another pleasant surprise was the apple picture. It is one of my cherished prizes from Canton. I nixed it in the kitchen when we re-painted, and it has been in the den over the tv. I do not favor the tv in the den so nothing looks really grand hanging over it.
.jpg)
I am pleased with the rocker in Will's room. I am sending the antique, mahogany one that was in there to the lake.
Another pleasant surprise was the apple picture. It is one of my cherished prizes from Canton. I nixed it in the kitchen when we re-painted, and it has been in the den over the tv. I do not favor the tv in the den so nothing looks really grand hanging over it. ***
Anyway, I put it back in the kitchen, and I am much happier. I know you are too.
I think this post just bored me to tears. However, now the Nester is shaping up more rooms, in less than 10 minutes and free! I would like to see me MANAGE that!!!
I think this post just bored me to tears. However, now the Nester is shaping up more rooms, in less than 10 minutes and free! I would like to see me MANAGE that!!!
3 comments:
D for done!!! looks good!!!
looks great.. until this morning... :)
I Like it... now have me over to look at it..;-)
Post a Comment