Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Last One

I think as parents we are always turning around and noticing how fast time flies. I know it flies for everyone, but it seems to whiz by as we watch our little ones grow up. This summer, I made extra effort to read with Claire and practice multiplication facts with Faith, but I realized I have a few short years with Will alone. Since the girls have started school, I have tried to spend a little alone time with him.

With much ado, I finally convinced him to stop jumping "to infinity and beyond" and retrieved him from the top of the couch to sit with me. After reading several books about fires, dinosaurs and Woody rescuing Wheezy, we played in shaving cream. He was enthralled with drawing happy faces. After a few minutes, I asked him why he liked the happy face. His response, "It makes me feel happy because I love you!"

Oh dear, be still my heart.



1 comment:

Paula Aspacher said...

um,,, that sounds just like my little boy 20 years ago! he was always going to be my widdle wamb! ha! enjoy a son as they are the BEST!