My 3 year old thinks he is nearly 6. He wants to play computer games, the Wii, and the DS all at the same time. However, he has none of these other than my computer. He just has knowledge thanks to friends and relatives. We have a constant convo about my computer being MINE, it is not for games.
However, one afternoon this week, his Daddy showed him a game on lego.com. He never moved from it for minutes upon minutes. Craig watched him carefully and then walked away for a second. As I was cooking dinner, I heard Will BANGING on my laptop. After rescuing it, I noticed it was off.
I said, "Will, what happened?" Much to his dismay, he had no clue and it had crashed. I told him he could not play games on the computer anymore, it is for work (and a few other things). We discussed that the computer did not need to crash. We used the word crash several times.
On Saturday, the girls and I had Regina school stuff and a baby shower so Craig took Will to the lake. I called to check on him later in the day & Jeannie said he was playing a game on the computer. I told her our story and to watch him, because he may press too many buttons and cause a problem.
On the way to the pool, he and his Ma had this convo.
Will: Ma, did Mommy talk to you about the computer?
Ma: Yes, she said sometimes if you are not careful, it will break.
Will: I did not do anything to hit, it just crapped.
Ma: It did what?
Will: You have to be careful or it will crap.
One must be careful about a lot of things or they may crap too. Oh, the truth of some of our words.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment