Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Let's face it...

it is hurricane season...uughgh!
This is a pic of Hurricane Rita, such fond memories of those long, hot, no-electricity, no roof, dirty fridge, wet clothes & stressful days. (Did someone say insurance adjuster & peace in the same sentence?) No need to completely re-hash the story but my Dad (aka Safety Steve & Weather Channel freak) decided to warn me of the evil lurking in the Gulf. It cracks me up that he is so frustrated about hurricanes & the fact that we live here but yet, he is the reason I am here! Did I just appear in Bmt. alone? No, he planted our family here in 1969, not to mention he grew up a 100 miles west, which is not hurricane-free! Not that he is to blame, this is where we are supposed to be, God has a plan for us here, therefore, He will take care of us. (I think I am talking to myself now!) I did get new floors after the last hurricane. I sure would like to keep them but we would like to re-do the bathrooms!

18 comments:

adrienne said...

i am so impressed with your image retrieval skills since you starting blogging. great post.

is it bad to say that i wish we had hurricanes in arkansas? we sure could use a new roof..

adrienne said...

also, i enjoy dad's new nickname. safety steve is the father of safety susan #1 (mere) and #2 (me). it is all his fault.

you + mom need nicknames...

you can be hurricane hilary. i think i referred to you as that in a post once.

heathercaroline said...

Probably best to un-mute the weather channel with a hurricane lurking. And A, how dare you try and give Hil my nickname!

hilarylarson said...

i am impressed w/me too...i just right-clicked & i did it!
:) hh

adrienne said...

please forgive. and technically it was barney's nickname first.

i'll think of another. although it is fitting for hil... she blows in and wreaks havoc. or at least she used to. now she's just too busy.

hilarylarson said...

heather: in bmt., we actually watch tv w/sound...we are larsons, tvs make real loud noises here.

adrienne said...

actually, i think hurricane hilary is gotta stick. you all will just have to share. ella claire can teach you the concept if you need refreshing.

heathercaroline said...

I'm an only child. I don't share.

adrienne said...

in this family you gotta.

hilarylarson said...

i do not wreak havoc...name the last time that happenend (& it must be in the last 5 years, not 15!) it is funny how you "2 safety susans" have such opinions of your eldest sister, i have about had it w/ the "hilary is this way" remarks...it is a good thing I know who I am! i guess the 2 of you do not know me like you think!

hilarylarson said...

and...who is barney?

adrienne said...

wowza. it was just a joke! so sorry... let's call you precious patty instead. or sweet sara. or loopy linda?

adrienne said...

our boss is barney.

adrienne said...

matt damon is deleting things again.

adrienne said...

are you mad? you quit commenting. and deleted my deleted comment...

hilarylarson said...

i deleted your deleted comment b/c i thought i did it, i did not know it was a true deleted comment, i thought i did it on accident.

i am not mad, i emailed you, i spared the others my "havoc."

heathercaroline said...

Has everyone found their happy place? I blame the blazing heat for any past, present and future misunderstandings. The heat = NOT fine!

Meredith said...

wowza glad i missed out on this one...