.jpg)
This is my fave purchase. I had all the pewter, I got the turkey/rooster platter for $4.19 at Tuesday Morning -I think it has names of wines all over it. I do not drink but I could stand to think about it - my head hurts already though!
.jpg)
I got the platter on sale at Hobby Lobby & all the pepper bottles too. (Geez - I just realized, I really like platters!) The old salt holder was my Grandmother's. Honestly, I never knew I would like it so much but now that it matches - I love it! (Adrienne cannot get mad that I got that b/c she got something too....)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Inspirational platter over the fridge, I have moved it & put it in several easels all day.
I got the platter on sale at Hobby Lobby & all the pepper bottles too. (Geez - I just realized, I really like platters!) The old salt holder was my Grandmother's. Honestly, I never knew I would like it so much but now that it matches - I love it! (Adrienne cannot get mad that I got that b/c she got something too....)Still thinking a tad on this rug but I finally cut the tags off late tonight. I think I like it. Will does, he has played on it all day. Craig likes it too.
.jpg)
Did not plan on roosters, just happened.
I may post a final pic someday but I still have a lot left to do. I also got a big spoon, fork & several signs for the wall at Hobby Lobby. The signs say "Simplify" & "Home is where they love you." I thought that fit me b/c I am simplifying my life - simply us, God & others. I guess I am, I hope I am, sounds good. The other, I hope my kids feel that way forever. Also, laundry room got a new laundry sorter & a wipe-off board to organize our lives - color coded!
.jpg)
7 comments:
great stuff, hil!! you've been busy. is that first red wire thing big enough for a bread basket? if not, i have no idea.
i am not mad about the salt shaker. i do like it though. i got a song book that was granny's when she was little and a doorknob from the old farmhouse so i am complaining.
i really like the on sale hobby lobby one. wanna go back and get me one too?! i really like platters too. maybe it's a family thing...
bread basket! yes, it would work - for rolls - if we ate bread! but, we never do anymore - only when we have company - which is not counting playdates - so never! ha!
doorknob & book - when did you get THAT? i thought you got some red glass stuff from melba? maybe my salt deal was from her & not granny, i was not there b/c i could not travel to the fam reunion, remember? details please...
you like the the "serve the Lord w/gladness" one? maybe i will choose your name for christmas...:) if you choose me, i want red dishes, the plates must be red squares. will have to be a deal b/c i need more than a set of 4:) (maybe nate will get my name & craig will get you?)
i just reread my comment about granny stuff and it ended w/ i am complaining but i meant i am NOT complaining. i think ona gave me the doorknob. and melba gave me the songbook. i may have been at the reunion, i am not sure.
i could find you cute dishes for sure. maybe even on ebay? yay! i love christmas...
and i forgot to tell you that i love the rug!! i bet it looks cute in your house.
what if you put napkins it it? you could put rolled up cloth napkins for show and maybe tuck throw way napkins on top? different patterns and have them sticking up, etc?
ok so looking back @ the pic it is not big enough. what if you put your spoons that you keep my the coffee in it?
spoons...great idea. for now, there is greenery in it but that is not so useful as spoons.
Post a Comment