I decided a thankful post was a remedy to a sad disposition, which I have lately. The 3 are exchanging croup, cold & cough which is cramping our holiday plans.
I am thankful for...
1. Jesus - my Lord, without Him, I am nothing, by His grace, I am His child & therefore, something.
2. Family - I am blessed with a godly, loving husband & 3 beautiful children. I have wonderful parents and in-laws, 3 very special sisters & great brother-in laws, 2 precious nieces & a handsome nephew. (Honestly, they are all really spectacular people - I am not fibbing).
3. Health - I have complained about sick kids for 5 weeks but guess what? They are really perfectly healthy.
4. Power Castle - It would take me all day to tell you the blessing that this ministry is, it really changes you to watch the love of Christ transform a child & give them hope for their future. Not to mention, the miracles I have seen first hand.
5. My church & our Mwise Bible Study & BSF - learning God's word is a powerful lesson & the greatest blessing!
6. A home - sometimes I take this for granted & find myself not being content.
7. Old & new friends
8. Pictures - I love looking at old ones & I love taking new ones, esp. of my 3, I know you cannot believe that.
9. Memories - I love thinking of my wedding day, family vacays (young & old), each day the 3 were born, b-days.
10. Carrabba's - had to add that, Craig & I went out to eat Saturday, ALONE, for the 1st time in I do not when, it was soooo good!
11. Traveling - My fam lives almost 12 hours away - Mtn. Home, Ar. I think the drive is hard but it is always worth it. The kids love & it is really pretty & we finds lots of fun things to do. My dad has land & horses, so we "ranch" it a bit too. My in-laws have a beach house & Craig's sister & fam have land too near Tyler so we have lots of vacay spots that are not expensive. All of them are relaxing & great time to spend with fam.
This morning, the girls & I picked out gifts from the Samaritan's Purse Catalog. It was truly a blessing to see my girls long to help others but it also opened my eyes to how blessed we are here. We are truly rich compared to most.
More later, I have to feed kids lunch. One more, persimmons (sp?) My mom's friend brought some by, they have kept the kids happy & not so hungry. :)
This scripture has ministered to me lately.
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good & His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment