2nd Sunday of Advent: We did it on Monday. We had a busy Sunday b/c we took Craig's grandmother to her church open house so we opted out of a tired Advent celebration for Monday devotion. The focus was on love and John's message of repentance in Mark. We talked about how God's love frees us from sin as we seek Him at all times (not just at Christmas) and keep ourselves clean from sin.
The girls enjoy stories of John the Baptist so we also heard Faith's rendition of him dressed in camel hair with locusts & wild honey all over him. Claire wanted to know how he stayed clean if he had honey on him? So, we had to re-teach & go over "washing white as snow" once more. And, I said I was not sure he was covered in honey, he just ate it but Faith insisted he was covered in it, (I guess she was there with him?) We always read a bible story at night time but building upon it each week to the "coming" of the Savior's birth is really exciting to them. This year we will have our Happy B-day Jesus party after the Advent wreath on Christmas Day. I am enjoying all of our memories we are making this year & I cannot wait to build on them each season.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I remember reading somewhere that he rolled around in the honey...I'm pretty sure Faith is right.
Post a Comment