Or a poinsetta tree - this is for Faith's teacher. Isn't it a cute idea? (it was not mine) The kids choose a gift card in any denomination for the teacher. She has received everything from Rao's to Sonic to Target - a real blessing this time of year! It made we want to teach again so terribly! I cannot wait to go back - j/k! Gotcha huh? (I doubt any of you thought I was serious...:)

We chose Dunkin Donuts b/c they have my fave lattes & the girl's donuts. I did get a little West End Wanda feedback but what did I expect? Drives me crazy but I remained steadfast with a godly attitude - I think.
13 comments:
Can I just tell you that I NEVER got good gifts all 3 years of teaching. I am now struggling with jealousy after seeing that gift. I got coffee mugs and crappy $1 store trinkets and stinky bath products and candles. Gotta love Title I schools :)
Ok--I'm finished.
I think your idea was great. I know some want to outshine others. I got a pair of knee high hose from one of my little boy students (3rd grade) He was so embarrassed, but he was from a large family and I know it was a sacrifice. It made the gift all the better! I also got a Christmas card from one of my students. He is all grown up and a daddy. We were going to name Valerie after him if she was a boy. He is Patrick and we were going to name her Jared Patrick. I also family sat for he and his 3 sisters while mom and dad were away. He was precious and still is.
i got a ham. i like your tree better.
what is west end wanda feedback?
West End Wandas are the ladies who lunch, play tennis daily, look great in their skinny little yoga pants, have doctors for husbands, and children named Connor and Cooper. They have the best, are the best, and feel a little sorry for you because you, obviously, are not. And then they give you their feedback about it.
Am I right? At least those are the ones I knew :)
geez - you people have been blogging while i coped at school!
jamie: yes, you are right about the wew's but they also drive SUVs.
i never got good gifts either until i left the title 1 school & went to the other WEW (west end wanda) school. (one time, i got $200 cash! Craig & ate out & bought whatever we wanted, actually, we were "rich" then - or so we thought!)
now, i have a different definition of rich...:)
btw, faith has strep..lovely, probably from a wew's kid...
we refer to our west end wandas as The YaYas.
$200! Wow! I seriously missed out!
And I totally agree--"rich" takes on a whole new meaning these days :)
And I think the WEW's are probably just jealous cuz your kids are cuter than theirs :)
you crack me up jamie...:)
you all make me laugh...
If i remember correclty i know someone on Sul Ross who drives an SUV???
Yep, i like my suv, i will admit it!
Post a Comment