Monday, June 9, 2008

sleeping woes

why is it some children cannot sleep anywhere but their own bed? will hates his pack-n-play in estes park,co. however, it is sooooo beautiful, that makes up for it.

as i type, i am looking out a huge window into the snow capped rocky mountains. we went to the ymca of the rockies today and the kids fished. we signed up the older 3 for 1/2 day camp tomorrow. we plan to travel up trailridge road but it is closed due to 2 feet of snowdrift, maybe wednesday.

it is was 42 degrees this a.m. when i went to the store. brrr. it would be really tolerable if not for the wind. tonight, we are going on a hayride that concludes with roasting marshmallows & hot cocoa. the kids are so excited, hope will makes it on no nap! well, gotta go look out the window. just thought i would blog a bit since i know all 3 of my readers are dying to know any details.

4 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

I think he just has the Larson Toddler Colorado Syndrome. Put a table over the bed. He'll sleep fine. Would he sleep in the bed for a nap? Sounds like fun. Have a great time. How about coming the first week of aug to nashville. kind a birthday treat for you.

Melanie said...

Thanks for posting! I am living vicariously through you as I look out my window into my scary neighbor's yard!! Eeeekkkk.......

Michelle said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun! Aiden is a picky sleeper too, especially in the pack and play. I find a healthy dose of Benadryl always help take the edge off and assist in those dreamy nights. Only the recommended dose of course :-) Sometimes, as moms we have to do what we have to do. Then again it may wind them up so it may not be good for all! I always remember the best thing about estes park was the little chipmunks that you could feed, if you could catch them!

adrienne said...

putting a table over the bed just made me laugh out loud! poor claire and that pack and play contraption she had. will comes by it naturally at least..