Monday, August 25, 2008

Excitement ensued the first day

Faith woke up at 5:00 am to tell me she could not sleep! After much consideration, I convinced her to go back to sleep and I would wake her in time for school. I woke her at 7:15 with the smell of pancakes. She woke up talking in exhilaration about school. It thrills me that she is so happy.
We had our usual prayer time in the car before we left and she thanked God for giving her the best teacher for her. It warmed my heart b/c I was thinking, praise Jesus b/c I am so glad too. (I did not want her to think I thought she could have been in the wrong place so I just agreed instead of acting like a nut.) She also asked that school not be too hard, we will see how much of that prayer is answered.
As we walked into the building, I kinda got teary-eyed. The smell of new pencils, giggling children and busyness overpowers the real truth in teaching on the first day. It is a hard job but someone has to do it, thankfully, it is not me. . . this year!
And my first grader is so thrilled to learn more, it makes it all worthwhile. While looking at the word wall, she said, "I only know 1/2 those words, I have a lot of work to do!"

Not to mention, isn't her outfit adorable? Kudos to Auntie A & Auntie M for the precious dress & shoes. I bet it gets passed down a couple of times!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

darling child! so eager to learn. she reminds me of jeanie/kelli in the 2nd pic.

adrienne said...

fabulous first day outfit! i can't believe how big she is.

Paula Aspacher said...

Wow, I kinda am choked up too. She is growing up fast. I remember taking care of that little curly top baby... She is a very sweet nice girl.

Michelle said...

OMgoodness... How cute is she!!! I LOVE the smell of school supplies.. call me crazy.. I enrolled Aiden in Mother's Day Out today.. I think I had two tears and a heart palpitation.. My BABY is going to "school"... Yes, I know I should get out more...
Love, love, love the hair and the cute outfit.. I think she may take after her mommy after all.. a little teacher in the making..