That option is always overlooked, and each believes it is himself, and maybe everyone is in control.
.jpg)
I figure if you bought the boat, you are in charge. But that authority does not always win, the competition starts when you learn to drive and are no longer afraid the fish will bite you.
Being the captain requires deep concentration, leadership skill, and the ability to encourage someone else to bait your hook, drive you around, and buy your Doritos.
I guess a Captain is trained by someone, who in turn was trained by someone else. I guess it is a generation tree of "captain-ing." Pa, Daddy, Son.
I pray the Captain tree continues to grow. I know those few hours on a boat hold a lot more than slimy hooks, missed bites and soda. They hold memories, laughter, many life lessons, and maybe a few dang-its..jpg)
The boys came home in time for Faith's 2nd soccer game of the season. We are so proud to see her persistence paying off this season, she WAS a rare scorer, let alone 6 goals in 2 games. Her ability to practice hard and her long legs are lining up. Thus, we have confidence and security. She told me she was going to score, but reminded me what her Daddy always says, "Do your best, and God will do the rest." I liked hearing her confidence especially since we tag-teamed today. I took the little ones to 2 birthday parties and Craig was soccer dad.
It is almost obvious I was not at the game today, the child looks nothing like me in this picture. She looks like Craig with hair! I pray she stays as beautiful on the inside as the outside. Am I bragging? Yes, not ashamed either. :)
4 comments:
Aw, I love this post. And I love Craig's "Do your best..." saying. Although it probably proves that I was never intended to do much of anything sports-wise. My best was the worst! Start praying now that Lucy gets some from somewhere else!! :)
i do think will is the captain. he has those guys wrapped around his little finger!! I love Craig's saying too! That's why I love Craig!!
i loved this post!!!
Too cute!!A true captain doesn't have to wear the title...he/she just knows they have the power! Go Captain Will! :)
Post a Comment