What is really comical is that Craig is so excited about his mower because it has "zero turn." Oh, you don't know what zero turn means? Me neither. I just know that he placed a cup in the center of the yard, and walked around it pushing the mower w/one hand, never hitting the cup. AMAZING, almost circus like. I am just glad he is happy.
My new ceiling fan and lamp make me happy. The $25 off deal at Lowe's made me ecstatic.
The dollar, plastic cup is not really my style, but when your man has installed a ceiling fan for 3 hours, you let him use whatever cup he chooses. I just have one question for my readers, would you call my style quaint? Paula and I have having a decorating style discussion. The meaning of quaint is:having an old-fashioned attractiveness or charm; oddly picturesque: a quaint old house.
(I know one thing, the gray hairs I plucked OUT OF MY HEAD this morning may be old fashioned, but quite unattractive.)
Anyway, I prefer shabby chic: a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.
OK, let's call me shabby chic quaint.
Speaking of shabby chic, this is an old door I got at an antique store in October. It has been a project that we have dismissed for months, but the plan is to make a desk for the girls' room.
Speaking of shabby chic, this is an old door I got at an antique store in October. It has been a project that we have dismissed for months, but the plan is to make a desk for the girls' room.
I am painting it white and distressing it, but now I think I want it lighter, so I may have to re-do my redo.
My assistants were such support, I lost my original idea and we jumped to kid art. I am short one helper who just happens to be at the lake running a muck w/her cousins. Since Sister is at the lake, it reminded Faith to paint a sign for the lake house..jpg)
I did not have the heart to tell her Sam Rayburn was the largest MAN made lake in Texas. God did make the river that flows into it, and all the nature around it!
He also reminded me He made my gray hairs, but I am sure glad I can paint over them.
3 comments:
Love your blogs! They make me smile! : )
love the new fan and lamp.
and i don't think you're oddly picturesque. i like shabby chic quaint better.
how do you make a white door lighter?
um, good question. i meant show more wood under it but i did not. i just kept it white. claire has strep so my work halted a bit.
Post a Comment