Friday, August 13, 2010

Red Hot August!

Seriously? Is it August? Where did summer go? We fired up the chiminea tonight and made smores again. It reminded me I had not blogged since then. I know you know, I have been busy.

Rally 2010 was a success, a huge blessing. I will never think of it without repeating "I walk by faith, not by sight" 100x in my head.

Then, my eldest child grew up before my eyes and flew on a jet plane to visit the Arkansas fam, by herself. Yes, I know, she is kinda a big deal now. At our mother-dtr Bible study on Thursday, Claire announced that Faith had courage like Elijah because she flew on a plane. Then, she admitted she was not going to follow in her footsteps anytime soon.



Don't worry sister, you are not going anywhere. By the way, I had to "walk by faith, and not by sight" as my eight year old journeyed to Little Rock.

Did I mention is was hot? We took the Pearson family vacay to Hot Springs, it was hot and chaotic, but we had a blast. The house was wonderful, I think we finally picked one we all love. Of course, it is the most expensive too. We have impeccable taste.



Then, we came home and the in-laws carted all the kids off to Khema. Craig and I felt the need to check on the lake house, you know, it was feeling lonely. It is a good thing we did, because guess what? IT WAS ON FIRE WHEN WE GOT THERE. I do not kid, on flipping fire! The front yard that faces the golf course was burning and it had just caught onto the lattice work of the little house, affectionately known as the storage area/honeymoon shack. We arrived in the knick of time before you can say "Kaboom!"

I think that was the first ordained activity of my summer. After distinguishing the fire with various water hose and sprinklers, I celebrated by reading my book, Mississippi, #16 of the series.

Did I mention I turned 38? Does red hot still apply? Doubtful, very doubtful, only with the help of photo shop.

Speaking of red, poor Will, his ear is red and if you remember our ear drama last summer, you can imagine how well our dr. appt went today. He has a major ear infection. I hope this activity had nothing to do with it. He just needed to cool off.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

there was a fire? wowza, glad u all went.

btw, u look red hot in your recent family pics!!