Thursday, November 8, 2007

My clothesline & a pumpkin

So, we carved a pumpkin...late. I just took the pic but I think we carved it last Sunday, I told the pumpkin gospel: God cleans us all out like the yucky stuff in the pumpkin & He makes u smile so that we can be the light to the world. The girls enjoyed it but we have to throw it away soon.

This is my clothesline, (I had to share it) that does not hold clothes but artwork. It is really orange now thanks to all the fall artwork. It is one of my fave things in the kitchen.

Sometimes, some things are way too long to hang over so they move to the laundry room (like Faith's sponge paint leaf designs or the life size Claire cut out).
Faith has lots of writing activities (pics she drew or painted & then writes about - readiness skills) on the line while Claire has lots of age-appropriate painting, tissue-paper collages & placemats. Will? He has the pumpkin with crooked eyes. At MDO, they helped the kids glue a face on the pumpkin. Will tried to eat one eye. Interesting. He may not have gotten the concept but it had to be displayed on the "art line!"

I guess you could say, I am a creative junkie - I love to see my kids create.

Also, after several months, it really looks neat because I weed things out & only leave a few per season - I know you needed to know that :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love your clothes line!! David is starting to do some artwork at school (if you want to call it that!) and I have it posted on the refrigerator. I love to look at it also - it always makes me smile!!!