My little girl is 4 years old! I cannot believe it & she is so precious - strong willed but precious! She rocked my world when she was born but I am so glad - she is such a blessing and as sweet as she can be. She loves her family (especially her siblings & cousins), playing dolls of all shapes & sizes, making friends and cuddling with her mommy & daddy (every night she manages to come in our bed around 4:00 am and yes, I "babywise" trained her but they left her out of the book!) I am so proud of her, she is enjoying school this year and ballet. Her teachers think she is a doll and loves learning as well as running the class. She is not afraid to speak her mind and is most likely a leader in the making.
+(2).jpg)
Isn't her cake adorable? I know, I know, it looks just like the ones your mother made for you, or was that my mother? Yes, it looks just like my 4th b-day cake (minus the doll). It is so yummy & I decided if we are eating it, it is going to taste like a Texas sheet cake! I had 3 recipes: my mom's & paternal grandmother, Craig's paternal grandmother & Paula Deen. I chose Paula Deen, her directions were simpler but the ingred. were all the same.
+(2).jpg)
Isn't her cake adorable? I know, I know, it looks just like the ones your mother made for you, or was that my mother? Yes, it looks just like my 4th b-day cake (minus the doll). It is so yummy & I decided if we are eating it, it is going to taste like a Texas sheet cake! I had 3 recipes: my mom's & paternal grandmother, Craig's paternal grandmother & Paula Deen. I chose Paula Deen, her directions were simpler but the ingred. were all the same. For Claire's party in a few weeks, I will have a cake that does not embarrass her or me? How do people get these out of the pan as a sheet? I have a lot to learn...:)
p.s. in my post title, i did learn to copy adrienne's eye-catching font - what are sister's for?
7 comments:
i guess sisters are for copying? ha!!
i heart that cake. and i bet we aren't the only ones who has bday cakes that looked just like that... :)
I remember quite a few cakes from that bakery ;) Occasionally my mom would get out the plastic white frosting tips and make a border around the cake. Fancy stuff.
I remember coming to visit you in the hospital after you had her! She was SO TINY ;) I know how you feel about that--people would glare at me when I had Asher out because he looked like has was 2 days old when he was 2 months. I glared back, of course.
jamie: i was not brave enought to try th plastic frosting tips...chicken! claire is so big now & look at asher, he will be her size before long!
He's 24 lbs. I think he might be. :)
will is amost 27, claire is 30 but she has gained 7 lbs. in a year - major spurt, she is back on the chart, we are so proud. :)
On the charts is a great place to be! must be all that good cooking she gets at home!
yeah, she loves jason's deli.... :)
Post a Comment