I woke up this morning thinking about quicksand and I can not get it off my mind. So, I did some research. By former knowledge, I thought quicksand would drown you immediately if you stepped in enough to suck you down. However, this article states the facts. Most of it is not more than a few feet. "The more you struggle in it the faster you will sink. If you just relax, your body will float in it because your body is less dense than the quicksand." If you relax. If you relax. If you relax. That is the key, with me anyway. I feel like I am in quicksand, daily. However, I do not relax in my quicksand. I either want to bury myself and forget it all or I struggle to catch my breath and only do more damage. Neither of those things will help me as a child of God, a wife, a mother or a bookkeeper. So, what will? Grace - undeserved and God given. If I choose to access God, move in His grace and keep my eyes on Him, He will not ever fail me. Will I be the perfect child of God? No, never but if I relax with Christ, I will keep my head up and not sink. Will I still find frustration and hurt? Of course, but I have the Word to hold on to so that I will not remain in the clutches of the enemy. Like that quicksand, the enemy wants to suck back into that miry pit. But, I will not let him. I hope you will not either.
Eph 3:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 1 :18-20 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms. . .
1 Peter 1:1-5
Psalm 30: 1-5
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
amen
jason said you should write for "daily bread".
he is sweet but it might only happen once in a blue moon... :
I LOVE this post! I can completely relate to the quicksand. My life is quicksand. But by God's grace I can find the strength to relax and let His love gently pull me through. Thanks for the words of encouragement and the bible verses! I have some reading to do.......
there is a song called 'quicksand' by sleeping out loud that i can't get out of my head thanks to this post. it was on grey's once i think, and it has more to do with trust than grace. but regardless, the song is now in my head until further notice.
btw, that song is by sleeping at last. i am not sure what sleeping out loud even means, except that maybe last night i was so tired when i typed that i could have slept regardless of the circumstances!?
Post a Comment