Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Show me Your glory


(You can press pause on my annoying player, bottom right of blog if you choose to listen to God tube.)
This song has ministered to me lately. I posted previously about my friend, Crystal. During her trial (not that it is over), every time I called Tim's cell phone to get an update , that song was his ring. It kinda drove me nuts b/c considering the situation, it always made me cry. Sometimes I could not leave a message. Anyway, one morning I was praying and searching for scriptures, one in particular concerning healing that Crystal & I had prayed years ago, in Exodus. While reading in that book, I came across Exodus 33. This passage interested me as it discusses Moses & God's glory.

Moses states that he cannot go without God (to lead his people) and God replies that He will send His presence. Moses says he cannot go without God's presence. God says He will do as Moses asks because he has found grace in His sight and He knows him by name. Moses reply? Show me your glory. Interesting, since he had spent more time in God's presence than anyone and He still wanted more. more and more.

Exodus 33: 19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

God showed me on that Tuesday morning that He would be glorified through Crystal's situation. I am sorry to say that I forgot it, by Wednesday night. . .brain swelling, slurred speech, 31 week baby, I just forgot. But, God showed His mercy on them and I am so thankful God did not forget. I do not think Tim forgot either, he remained faithful and believed God. She is healing, Zach is healing, His glory is shining through big as day now, but it was 3 weeks ago too.

He is so faithful.

James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I love this devotional that you have shared. It is a great reminder of God and his many splendored works!!!