Monday, May 19, 2008

Will blog 4 shoes

This post was actually Craig's idea. I quote him, "You should blog about allllll the shoes we have around this house. I picked up all of the shoes in this box just in the yard!"
Point taken. Does he want me to teach his children to pick them alllll up each evening or does he want me to buy more...with my blogging skills or throw some away?
Actually, he must have forgotten that I have done all 3 of those thing. This basket of shoes stays outside by the back door. I also have a shelf in the garage of boots for outside wear as well as a container in between the dryer and washer that contains shoes. I am organized, it just gets out of kink...every so often. And, I am constantly telling the girls to pick up their shoes!

So, what does one do with this command? SHOE SHOP!

These are Will's new shoes - S & M Bargain City - Jumpin' Jacks for under $15, normally over $30.
Claire's new Stride Rite clogs - 14.99 She also got a darlin' pair of Stride Rite white sandals for less than that. She was too fast to get a pic in them.My new crocs are about a month old but I decided I needed a dressy pair of sandals so I got these Kenneth Cole's for $20. You cannot tell but they "sparkle."
Faith could not find any "cheap shoes" as she called them, because I kept telling her ones she chose were too expensive. So, she opted for 3 pairs of shorts for $4 each at Old Navy. And, best of all, I cleaned out a bunch of shoes today, some put away to save, some trash and some giveaways. All in all, I think it was a great idea for my sweet husband to tell me to blog about shoes, it led to shopping. :)

6 comments:

adrienne said...

way to go craig. i love shoes!

do crocs come with bows now or did you add a little flair on them.. and an attempt to make them uncrocish?

Paula Aspacher said...

OK, i must admit that was CLEVER!!!

hilarylarson said...

A: i bought those CROCS like that, they are a slimmer version, not so duck-like. you can change the ribbons out but i have yet to do that. however, i love my old crocs too.

Melanie said...

Any excuse is a good excuse to buy new shoes!!!

Michelle said...

I love, love, love this post! My husband complains about me leaving my shoes all over and picks them up while muttering something under his breath. I have a basket in Aiden's room for his shoes and he constantly pulls them all out, puts them back in.. it is a new fun game... I don't care as long as they get back in the basket and I don't have to do it!

hilarylarson said...

michelle: i have noticed this past week that i am leaving MY shoes everywhere and i am always telling everyone else to pick up their shoes! oops!