Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A crazy day

The 3rd first day of school was pretty wild yesterday. I am sure it was tough for anyone whose children had missed 12 days of school but b/c of several factors, ours was even nuttier than normal.

To start off, I have worried about Faith's allergy cough. On our way back to school, someone side-swiped me on 11th Street. Craig, who was in the middle of a meeting (in my dining room) had to come get Faith while Will and Lightning McQueen girl who hit me waited on the police. Actually, it hurt her car worse than mine. It should teach an Ultima driver to steer clear of the Big Black Expedition. I could have just let it go but she had to get her car fixed so she now has a $756 claim for 3 scratches that are not near as bad as the dents I have put in it.

While waiting on car drama, my BSF leader called to check on me, ask if I had a prayer request and how did my lesson go over the evacuation-vacation. I had to completely humble myself to tell her that I lost it, the lesson as well as my mind. It is somewhere between Tyler, Mt. Home or my messy house. I have no idea what it consists of except it is about Moses. I know about him but I am sure the homework was extremely detailed. I will just have to sit and listen.

I think my mood wore off on Will by the time we got home. He was so cranky so he and I had a battle of the wills all day. At dinner, he refused to eat anything but his fruit. And, dinner was good, if I say so myself. So, I began taking him to his room to stay in his bed for 2 minutes. He would cry and then I would go get him. Our convo went like this:

Me: Are you ready to get out?

W: Yes, Mommy (hands held out to me)

Me: Are you going to eat your meat?

W: No

Me: You have to eat, will you eat your dinner?

W: (blank stare)

Me: Are you ready Will?

W: I lode (love) you Mommy.

Me: I love you too, are you going to eat your meat?

I would put him back in his chair and after a few minutes, he would not eat so we would go back to his room over and over an over, about 10 times. By 7, he wanted his nuk. I said no, gave him a bath and put him to bed. Stubborn met stubborner and I really did not win. Needless to say, he was starving this morning. He did learn to say the word "ready" and before MDO this morning, he said, " I ready Mommy!"

For weeks, my eldest has worried about how she was going to make-up 12 days of school. She thought it might all have to come in homework. This is a pic of her smiling face when she only had 1 sheet and spelling words last night.
Claire is smiling b/c she just thinks she has homework and she mastered the sound letter Y makes. Where is Will? He is busy, throwing himself over the side of my rocker like a quarterback . .. .without a broken collarbone. I did not dare to let him continue to repeat the move in order to take a pic.

After dinner and Will's drama, I went to the grocery store, by myself. It was exciting b/c I saved a ton of $ with coupons but cokes were $4.50 a 12 pack. That is a crime. Coke must be watching Wall Street. I was happy not to buy them b/c they still had no diet coke caffeine free or cherry coke zero. Name brand coke is a must at our house, even on the budget. I went to HEB today and got them on sale 3/12 with an 8 pack of free powerade. I felt better.

If you made it through this post, you are very daring. Happy day! :)

4 comments:

adrienne said...

i think brand name coke is a must in yours, mine and meredith's home. it must be because of the all the shasta, big k and whatever kind that red cream soda was that we grew up drinking. yuk! :)

Melanie said...

I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a toddler who doesn't like to eat meat. That is the one food we have the biggest problem with, although he is getting better. I haven't tried to time out thing - it may be just what I need :-)

Jamie said...

I think you guys should start drinking Vess Cola :) Wasn't that the stuff that we used to give the kids at outreach? They loved them some orange soda.

I was going to use the word "crap" instead of "stuff" but I wasn't sure if that was allowed on Mom of 3's blog.

hilarylarson said...

jamie: you are too funny. we have moved up, the kids only get 100% juice. :)