And playing in the ice chest, eating old ice, that is always important too.
My refrigerator contents this morning was not a reason to party, according to the kids. I had 2 yogurts, 2 cheese sticks, 1 diet coke, 1/2 gallon of milk and a cup of mandarin oranges.I used the lesson to remind them about starving children and why we support missions in the USA as well as overseas. Faith took the lesson in stride but when she went to play at a friend's house later that morning, she asked me if she could stay for lunch, she figured our lunch was scarce.
In order not to freak them out, I went grocery shopping. I did go to Kroger & Heb, b/c Kroger lacked my diet coke and mustard. You have to have mustard on a turkey sandwich, per Claire. I also refused to pay $2.99 for grapes when they were 99 cents Heb and I had to go anyway. I saw almost everyone I knew at either store, they were packed. One nice thing was no one had on any make-up b/c many are still without power. Too bad the no make-up rule does not apply anytime not just post hurricane time. If I did not see you at the store, you must not be home yet.
I took these pics when I got home. There were 8 lineman trucks on our street. I hope our neighbors get power today, then they may have a reason to party. Entergy must not play favorites b/c the Captain of Beaumont PD lives across the street and he is power less too. I offered the workers a bottled water, they declined. Maybe I should have suggested mustard with turkey?
.jpg)
This is our tarped roof, so thankful the hole did not bust all the way through. I think it was partially b/c Craig got the top of the tree off so fast and we were not away from it so long. Our neighbors next door are nice people but they have mean, sloppy trees. I am praying they trim them before we have to have a discussion. (we as in Craig and it does not look like they are going to do anything)
This is my garage, Craig moved 1/2 his stuff in here, 1/4 in his box truck and 1/4 in MY dining room, or it is his dining room too. Bless his heart, he is trying to keep it neat in order to accommodate all of us. He looked at a bldg today but he does not want to make a quick decision. I don't want him to either.
I am reminded to be thankful. Many people are in dire situations.
4 comments:
that shirt lila has on has gone through 4 kids.. glad you all are home but we miss ya.
how is will holding up without nate?
Gee, looks like he has more stuff than when you lived on Monica!
yes, he had it in 800 sq feet so now it is in about 150.
Post a Comment