Thursday, September 18, 2008

So I finally decided to update

even though most of you have already heard from me. We evacuated to Tyler to stay with Kel and Matt.  (Bless their hearts, they want Hurricane season to be over as much as we do!)  The 5 cousins had a ball but we decided to take advantage of the time off and make a trip to Arkansas.  The kids and I came on Monday. We still lack electricity at our house in Beaumont, not to mention the water is crummy. It is improving everyday but since the kids do not have school, there is no reason for me to be there this week.  We just had a tad bit of damage at our house, a fist sized hole in the roof that has not leaked.   Craig already patched it and it will be fine. However, Craig's office was hit by a tornado so he has a mess there. He is still in Tyler so he can be closer to home.  

I do not really understand the destruction of Craig's office and all his hard work for others but I am not God and I know He can be glorified through this situation.  He does work all things together for good for those who love Him.

To add to the drama, when we got here Will fell off Auntie A's play set outside. After an hour of crying, I took him to the ER, he broke his collarbone. Yes, I am such a good mother. Actually, A's play set is a mini-version (maybe 4 ft. off the ground.) Mine is much larger at my house and my sister-in-law's in Tyler is even bigger than mine. He has continuously played on all of them, he is such a climber.   Anyway, so he is a bit fussy.

Want to know something funny? 2 1/2 years ago we were here Memorial Weekend, staying at a river house, we noticed Claire's shoulder looked funny while I was bathing her. Guess what? She had a broken collarbone. After many dr appts., we learned she was born with it broke, it never healed. Thankfully, Will's is not like that, it is a regular fracture that should heal. So, yes, we have collarbone issues.

Mom and I took the kids to the farm on Tuesday and Wednesday, they loved feeding and riding the horses.  I am enjoying seeing my family and not having to rush to do everything.  I am going to bible study tonight with Mere & Adrienne, Lord knows I need it!  

Anyway, I know all 2.5 of you were just dying for that update. Below, I post a pic of what used to be my in-laws beach house (yellow circle).  We will miss it dearly, such wonderful memories. However, we know now why God asks us to build our house on the rock, only Him, not anything else.  I know there are many people in horrible situations at this moment, prayer needs to be the most important thing we do, many need lifting up.  I pray Jesus does not tarry long.  

5 comments:

Erika said...

Good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Sorry to hear about Will and your in-laws house! Can't wait for things to get back to normal.

See you soon!

Paula Aspacher said...

Hey,

Update from nashville. there is NO Gas at any station around us. I have 1/2 a tank. should get gas next week. weird feeling.

adrienne said...

p: i guess we sucked it dry. craig back in bmt, there is gas there. :}

Paula Aspacher said...

yes there is gas in houston also. valerie is going back to work on monday. i can't tell you how scary it is to have gas at NO gas station. there was supposedly a broken pipeline and it has now been fixed but people are freaking and filling up. long lines if there is gas. there is none now. they take the price of the gas off the sign and cover the handle of the pump to tell you there is no gas.

Michelle said...

Glad you are okay Hilary, although I'm guessing Will is not happy about his broken collarbone! We braved the storm and stayed here in Beaumont. It was too late to try and evacuate, we knew we wouldn't make it to Dallas in time, so we made many preparations, cooked a "last meal", said a prayer to God and went to bed. I figured if it was my time, I wanted to go with my family at home. Morbid, huh, but nontheless we made it through and God is good. We had no damage at our new house other than the fence and we thankfully had power on Monday evening. Being pregnant and HOT is not a good combo so many thanks to my husband for (finally) buying our generator. While I laid awake all night of the storm, my precious child slept fitfully and peacefully. That is a testament to God and how we should trust in him. Needless to say, I was a worried mother and listened as Satan himself tried to blow the house down. Hope you make it back soon and I'm thinking about ya!