Thursday, April 8, 2010

Free time

Faith is always talking about what she will choose to do at school during "free time." Often, she spends her time reading, writing a story, practicing cursive, or "free draw." Most of the time, she rarely has any free time. I don't know how she had free time this week since her Spelling list contained words like paleontologist, reconstruct, and extinct. Oddly enough, she found reconstruct harder than the spelling of a dinosaur scientist. Since I am repeating elementary school, I finally learned how to spell extinct, I am still working on the word suppooosedly supposedly. Anyway, she made bookmarks today that make me more proud than her ability to do anything else.

Obviously, you can see which bookmark is for Will and Claire. She made the sun one for Craig and the joy one for me. My parenting skills tell me she thinks I need more joy and Craig spreads the Light?!? Since I am a sucker for a bookmark, I gushed over her idea and was really glad I refrained from asking if she practiced her multiplication facts. Although I am so grateful to God for her precious, tender heart, and do not dare to make fun of her creativity, can we move to Beamot? I will take the Light.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

ahhh she brings light to my heart! sweet!!

adrienne said...

I am bursting with pride! She is quite the artist! :)

hilarylarson said...

Paula: you are bad!!!!! I just forgot your b-day.