Friday, April 16, 2010

The Lord is my Light

Will's Art show at Trinity was this week. The girl's have had strep so Will & I just went by ourselves. Due to the sickies, I was kinda hoping we could skip it. (I know, I am so terrible but he still as 2 more years at MDO.) I am so glad we went, he was so excited and proud of his work!

At home, one of my girls was busy wondering if her mother had lost her mind. Faith had a conniption fit when she saw the mess in her room. I quote my eldest, "OH My GOOOSSSH, I can not take this mess, it must be cleaned up tonight or I WILL NOT SLEEP HERE!!"

Who is this child? From where does she come? Her mother must be an obsessive, compulsive over achiever....ok, maybe just a bona fide nut. Oh well, every family has issues.
It was clean by 10:00 p.m., way past bedtime. So, when she woke up on Thursday, I figured her sore throat was a ploy to sleep a bit more. Hmmm...Dr. Derrick proved me way wrong and I bought Dunkin Donuts, Rao's and Pei Wei all in one day to make up for it. Obviously, I avoided cooking as well. I know, I am still waiting for my nanny to show up, she is a day late and I am a dollar short.

We placed the Plexiglas on today and the girl's cannot stop rejoicing over their door turned desk.

The chairs are not my favorite or my style, but they will do until I find what I really want. Not to mention, the girls were not content UNTIL IT WAS COMPLETE. I have no idea where that impatience comes from. Geez...
I love this painting Will made, I am thinking of framing it. I need to remember He is my light because without Him, I am such a failure. I have earned the big F several times this week, but it only reminds me to turn to the Light.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Matthew 5:13-15 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

Luke 11:34 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness.

7 comments:

adrienne said...

Oh Hil, I LOVE THE desk. It looks so cute! And Will's picture melts my heart. You should definitely frame it!

Btw, Will looks just like you in that second picture. Hilarious!

Meredith said...

i love it and you and them!

hilarylarson said...

Thx, I feel the sisterly love right thru the internet. :)

Jeannie said...

I LOVE thae desk...but, much, much more the ones sitting at the desk! And the artist surely has a place in history........where can I purchase one of his pieces??
Love,
Ma

Jamie said...

very nice! and I think the chairs look cute with it--the juxtaposition of modern and vintage is so in. (and now I will go turn off the HGTV b/c I have obviously been watching too much of it)

Paula Aspacher said...

i love the chairs, the boy, the girls, the art! they are all so "quaint"!!!!

hilarylarson said...

J- I had to google the word juxtaposition!