W: munmundedemunude..mama?
_____
Cl (on phone ): I am 4 today! I am big! SO big! Soon, I will be 5!
F: Did all these people call me on my b-day?
Me: Yes, Faith.
F: Oh, I can't remember, my b-day was busy. I had a soccer game and broke my finger? It was a drama day (she is sooooo mine.)
After Claire hangs up the phone, Faith tells her she will be 7 on her next b-day.
Cl: I know Faith and Mommy & I will cry for days & days b/c you will be sooo big!
_____
F: Mommy, I have a question? (I am thinking, imagine that?!?!?)
Me: Yes, faith, what is your ?F: When you taught school were your kids bad?
Me: (I am thinking - YES!) I don't like to call them "bad", sometimes they made they wrong choices. But I do not always make the best choices either. You just have to grow up and learn.
F: You sound like Mrs. Brocato! She is always talking about choices. I make good choices except when I get jealous.
Me: Why are you jealous at school?
F: I don't like it when it is some one's b-day and they get the b-day hat & special prizes.
Me: Faith! You got all of that & first, you have an early b-day.
F: I know but I was just telling you my wrong choice, it does not make me bad!
Me: No, you are not bad but we must rejoice with other people, Jesus made them and we are glad it is their b-day. It is hard, but you will learn.
F: You are jealous of that lady around the corner where we cross on our bikes to see the ponies.
Me: What lady? I do not know what you are talking about? What am I jealous about?
F: You know they lady with the house on the corner, you say you looooove that house. You want it, I can tell. Remember her tree was so pretty at Christmas and she still has it up?
Me: Well, I am not getting it so let's just drop this conversation. (She is too smart. I really had to think, I am afraid I have commented on several houses...Not to mention, my tree would be down if I lived there! :)
_____
Craig was feeding Will one morning. He kept throwing food. Craig sternly said, "No Will!"
Will cried.
Cl: Daddy, he is just a baby!!!!! Bless his heart...
_____
Claire & Will playing rough, chasing each other. Claire rolled on top of Will, he cried.
Cr: Claire, be careful with your brother, he is just a baby!
Cl: Daddy - that is what I say!
_____
Me (after Bible Study): Claire, I worked in the children's dept. today with the 2's & 3's. What did you learn about?
Cl: Jesus, just Jesus, He died on the cross and rose again.
Me: Really? Well, we talked about the man who Jesus healed on the Sabbath day. Did you talk about the word Sabbath?
Cl: No
Me: Oh, well we learned that some angry men (Pharisees) did not like Jesus to do that b/c it was the Sabbath, like Sunday. But this man had a withered, crumpled hand and Jesus healed him b/c he needed help no matter what day it was.
Cl: It WAS not "withvered", it was BROKEN. And, Jesus touched it and it was straight!
Me: Oh, so you did study that?
Cl: A little and the day is called Sunday not "savvath."
_____
Cr: Faith, would you like to bless our food?
F: Yes, Thank you God for today and this food. You are a good and I love you.
Let's sing "God, our Maker" Claire. God, our maker, God, our maker, once again, once again, we bow our heads & thank you, we bow our heads & thank you, amen, amen.
Cl: My turn!
Cr: (patiently waiting with hand on fork in hand)
Cl: God, our maker, God, our maker, once again, once again, we ask you for your blessing, we ask you for your blessing, all the men, all the men.
_____
Me: What did you learn at dance today Claire?
Cl: We don't learn about Jesus at dance Mama!
Me: I did not ask about Jesus, I just wandered what you learned?
Cl: We don't learn we just dance!
_____
Me: Hi Faith, how was your day angel?
F: Fine, we learned about January and a New Year.
Me: Really? What about it?
F: We made resalations.
Me: You mean a resolution?
F: Yes, like what are you going to do new, you can always do something better.
Me: Really, what did you choose as your New Year's Resolution?
F: I am going to learn to tie my shoes in 2008!!!!!
Me: Oh, that is great! (Feeling like a total failure - 6 year olds who could not tie their shoes drove me crazy! Conviction or condemnation set in. I wonder if those parents had 3 kids in 5 years! Probably.) I am proud of you Faith. we will work on it everyday, I promise.
F: It's ok, when Claire gets to Kindergarten, she will know how b/c I can teach her the summer before. And, that is why we have Velcro. (More guilt... However, Craig has worked on the 1st step with her for 2 nights, she is doing great.)
5 comments:
So sweet! And good for you for recording them! It sounds like the conversation around your house is always lively :)
sometimes lively is not the word...:)
i love it!! i got really tickled reading this...
it was funny, but i got a cramp in my hand at just the thought of typing all of that
nate: i typed while multitasking 7other things morning, my hand did not have time to cramp plus i had to remember all the convos. :)
Post a Comment